Sunday, January 31, 2016

Twitter and What I Found There.

Fadilpasic, Sead. "Twitter launches Moments" 07/10/2015 via itproportel. Public Domain Dedication License
This post will be about tweets I found when I searched "pre-med", which is my major, on twitter.

Seeing as how I do not know my major I searched pre-med because I know I want to go to medical school. When I did this I found that most of the people were excited when the got into medical school as well as graduated medical school. They are plenty of pictures of the degrees as well as letters of acceptance from medical schools. Another common thing on this search was college students complaining about how hard it is to be pre-med, something I can closely relate to.

In particular I found two very interesting tweets. The first one was tweeted by @MelaninMD on January 24, 2015 it said "Major 🔑: Just because you’re pre-med, doesn’t mean you have to choose a science major. Pursue a degree in something that interests you!" The reason I was interested in this tweet is because, like I previously said, I do not yet know my major.

 I know what I want my destination to be, which is medical school, however I do not know the path I want to take. I have also been recommended my friends and mentors to major in whatever I like. However, it is often common for pre-med students to major in a science since it will be relevant to their future. I am not saying that I do not want to major in a science, I am just looking at all the options before I commit myself to a certain field.

The second tweet I found interesting was tweeted by @ashleyyy_maee on January 21, 2015. It said "Why is it when I tell people I'm a pre-med student they start preaching to me like my soul needs saved.". The reason I was interested in this tweet is because I often get the same response when I tell people I want to go to medical school. They all feel bad for me and say my life is going to suck but I already know this. I am choosing to this life because I've always wanted to be a doctor no matter how hard it may be.

Overall, based on what I saw on twitter I know the discipline I am choosing is going to be hard. I also know that once you get past this hard time you are going to reap the rewards. This is the response I expected which is why I am still continuing down this path. All the smiles on the faces of this tweet really showed me that it would all be worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment