Sunday, February 28, 2016

From Academia to Social Media

This blog will be one of the authors who was published in the journal I studied.

Seethaler, Michael. "Why I Hate Social Media" 11/2/2015 via theodyssey. Public Domain Dedication License
Who I found?

Carla Coltharp was found on Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.

Describe her social media presence? 

I am not able to know a lot Carla's social media presence because all of her accounts are private. This means that unless I follow/add her, I will not be view any of her posts; however I was able to follow her on twitter. However, I was able to find a link to all of her writings and publications.

How does her social media persona differ from the one in the journal?

Carla's twitter presence is very similar to the one in the scientific journal. A lot of the people she follows are scientific accounts and a lot of her tweets are about what she did in the lab. Although it is less formal because she is speaking in common vernacular, you can still tell that she is a lab researcher.

Her Facebook is private so her presence on that I do not really know. However her profile pictures do contrast her to what was presented in the journal. Most of the pictures are her with friends and  you would not be able to tell that she is in a research lab or in a research journal.

No comments:

Post a Comment