Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Variety

Pilecka, Ludmila. "Variety" 02/12/2009 via wikimedia. Public Domain Dedication License 
This post will be about me revising my first project.


1) I believe my project has a lot of variety in it. It is a podcast which makes it much easier for me to vary my sentences because I am just talking into a microphone. I feel like a lot of the tips given in the Rules for Writers book are directed to essays and other typed genres so there is not a lot for me since I did a podcast.

2) I believe my transitions were very smooth. I intentionally started working on paragraphs by doing the first and last sentences before going into the body of the paragraph. This made it much easier for me to flow the paragraphs together and then fill in the information as I saw fit.

3) My vocabulary is definitely a weakness. I was talking into a microphone so I felt more comfortable using common vernacular. Also I had trouble pronouncing a lot of the scientific terms that are brought up by the NIH. In general, I felt like using common vernacular would make it easier for the audience to listen to and understand but I also feel like it made the podcast a little more boring because there was no words to spark the audience's attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment