Sunday, February 21, 2016

Local Revision: Tense Usage

"Verb Tense" 09/02/12 via getenglishlessons. Public Domain Dedication License
This post will be about the usage of verb tenses in my podcast.

Present
Simmer
Come
Thinking
Extract
Fitting
Going
Ties
Talking 
Stop
Comment 
Listening
Secrete
Mixing
Like
Modify
Inject
Do
Develop
Locate
Understand
Agree
Locate

Past
Does
Mixed 
Published
Caught
Discovered
Misunderstood
Released
Created
Extracted
Figured
Presented
Commented 

Future:
None


1) Present tense is most prevalent. 
2) Present tense gives the audience the idea that the controversy is still going on because you are still speaking about it in the present tense. 
3) Yes,  the shift make sense. I only shit to past when I refer to a source. This is because the quote was said something in the past thus the verb is in past tense. Once I am done referring to the source I go right back into present tense. I think the way I used my verb tense flowed smoothly because of this, 
4) I used primarily present tense. 




No comments:

Post a Comment